Meetups & PR¶
Python Ireland meetups are held on the 2nd Wednesday monthly regardless if there are talks or not. If it’s the latter, then a pub meetup is organised instead.
A few things need to be done:
- Post details to
Twitter @PythonIreland with the hashtag #PythonIE
LinkedIn Python Ireland LinkedIn group
- Lanyrd Lanyrd
- Add to Tech events around Ireland and Python events around Ireland Guides
- Tag topics with Python, Ireland, Dublin
- Add location, organisers details and details of the meetup (talk or pub)
- Claim the event so you have addiuutional admin privileges.
Following are locations we have had our social meetups and talks.
- Camden Palace Hotel
- Clarion Hotel
- Franciscan Well
- DogPatch Labs
- Central Hotel
- Jury’s Inn, Parnell Street
- Science Gallery (studio upstairs)
- Agains the Grain (upstairs and downstairs)
- Bull and Castle (Beer Hall) (upstaris are big and provides free chickern wings)
- Karma Stone
- Lord Edward’s Bar and Lounge
- Market Bar
- O’Neill’s, Pearse Street
- Slattery’s Bar & Early House
- The Black Sheep Downstairs are good!
- The Grand Central
- The Schoolhouse Pub
- Trinity Capital Hotel
- Harbar Masters
- Lincon’s Inn
- Forster Court pub
- McSwiggans Bar and Restaurant
- The Galway Arms
- The Westwood bar
- Organiser(s) contact number / Twitter name / email
- Projector (if required)
- Confirmation of location (if reserved)
- If paying on the night, contact directors. 
- Receipt from venue/service, if expensing.
- Confirmation with talkers 2 days before
- Get slides off presenter (from past experience, speakers tend to only have slides ready right before the talks starts.)
- Upload them to Python Ireland’s Google Drive.
- Send email, tweet, post on Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. that the slides are up.
Aside from meetups (talks and social), Python Ireland also organises other events, e.g. sprints, unconferences, co-org with other user groups.
Types of Events¶
TODO: More info